Re: HTTPAPI Batch Jobs

Hi Andy,

> First off I want to thank Scott for providing this forum and . . .

I'm glad you're finding it useful.

> The issue that I have found or I am running into is when the batch
> job runs in a single threaded jobq I can see that all the return
> fault string returned from the API, but when I change the job to run
> in a multi threaded jobq (10 active jobs) I get several error
> records that do not have a fault string associated with them.

I'm not sure that I follow this.  What is meant by 'several error
records that do not have a fault string'? You mean that the SOAP 'fault'
tag isn't found in the XML that's parsed by the XML parser in HTTPAPI?

Or are you referring to messages not being found in the debug log?

Your question would make sense if you are using the same debug log for
multiple jobs running at the same time, because the default filename for
the debug log doesn't change from job to job.  If you have multiple
jobs, they'll all be writing to the same IFS filename at the same time.  .
..But only if you are getting the soap fault info from the debug log!!
Which isn't something I'd recommend. The debug log is for debugging, not
production use.   If you are getting a 'fault' element from your SOAP
message, your production code should be receiving this via the XML
parser and loading it into variables accordingly.  Not scanning for it
in the debug log!

HAving said that... if that is the problem, you could solve it by
assigning a different debug log filename to each batch job.  (Perhaps
use the same date/time you put on the input filename)

myLogname = '/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt-' + %char(myTimestamp);
HTTP_debug(*ON: myLogname);

So it's possible -- I just don't recommend it :)  it seems sloppy to me.

On the other hand...
If the problem is that the XML parser isn't successfully returning the
fault message, then I'm at a loss.  I can't see why it would matter at
all how many jobs are running in the job queue in this case, because in
this case they aren't sharing the same files/resources.  So how can they
conflict?  If that's the case, more investigating will be necessary...