Antwort: HTTPAPI - can not get the examples work

Henry,

In order to specify a proxy server you have to modify the code of
EXAMPLE18. Add the following line of code to tell HTTP API what proxy
server to use:

   http_setproxy('yourProxyServer': 8080);

Do not forget to change the '8080' if your network settings require another
port number.

Feel free to use the following code to specify a user ID and password if
your proxy server requires authentication:

   rc = http_url_post_xml( ... );
   if (rc <> 1);
      http_error(err);
      if (err = HTTP_PXNDAUTH);
         userid = ???
         passwd = ???
         if (digest);
            http_proxy_setAuth(
               HTTP_AUTH_MD5_DIGEST: userid: passwd);
         else;
            http_proxy_setAuth(
               HTTP_AUTH_BASIC: userid: passwd);
         endif;
         rc = http_url_post_xml( ... ); // retry
      endif;
   endif;

Thomas.

ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 20.08.2009 20:54:45:

> Henry.Kwong@xxxxxxxxxx

> ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 20.08.2009 21:26

> HTTPAPI - can not get the examples work
>
> Gesendet von:
>
> ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been working in iSeries for years, but just start to
> interface with other web application. The EXAMPLE18 is exactly what
> I need, however, I still stuck in the connection.
>
> We have firewall within our network, by reading some of the
> archives, I believe I need to go thru the proxy. How can I set up
> the proxy in the example program, do I need to modify the source
> code to include the proxy name, port, user id and password and recompile?

> Please advice if anyone can help.
>

> Henry Kwong | Lead System Analyst
> Mattel Global IT - Managed Services
> Mattel, Inc. | 333 Continental Blvd. | El Segundo, CA 90245
> * 310-252-3205 | *  Henry.Kwong@xxxxxxxxxx

> This message (including any attachments) is only for the use of the
> person(s) for whom it is intended. It may contain Mattel
> confidential and/or trade secret information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or use this
> information for any purpose, and you should delete this message and
> inform the sender immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.