Formatting an XML request and receiving the XML response

   Hi,
   I am a complete novice at this, and seem to be having trouble making
   any kind of connection in my mind between the HTTPAPI examples and the
   task I wish to accomplish:
   I'm setting up an address validation process that will be used in
   customer/shipping/billing address maintenance functions, to
   communicate with the USPS address validation server and return either
   an error or a corrected address to the calling module.  I've looked at
   a few of the examples, but am not quite sure how I need to format my
   requests.  The XML to communicate with the test server (using a test
   address) is as follows:
   http://SERVERNAME/ShippingAPITest.dll?API=Verify&XML=<AddressValidateR
   equest%
   20USERID="xxxxxxx"><Address ID="0"><Address1></Address1>
   <Address2>6406 Ivy
   Lane</Address2><City>Greenbelt</City><State>MD</State>
   <Zip5></Zip5><Zip4></Zip4></Address></AddressValidateRequest>
   and the expected response is:
   <?xml version="1.0"?>
   <AddressValidateResponse>
   <Address ID="0">
   <Address2>6406 IVY LN</Address2>
   <City>GREENBELT</City>
   <State>MD</State>
   <Zip5>20770</Zip5>
   <Zip4>1441</Zip4>
   </Address>
   </AddressValidateResponse>
   I coiuld really use some help getting pointed in the right direction.
   Thanks!
   Rich