Re: using WSDL2PRG

Larry,

I created the file containing the test response data by calling my soapUI
mock web service. When setting up the soapUI mock web service I had to
create the test response data manually. In order to do that I took your
response data from the debug log and modified it slightly (different
values).

I suggest that you first double check your setup. Then start the debugger
and add a breakpoint to procedure tns_NotifyPhoneBasicResultEnd() at
statement "select;". Whenever your program reaches the breakpoint look at
"name" and "namespace". You should get values like this:

namespace:  http://ws.cdyne.com/NotifyWS/
name:       ResponseCode
            ResponseText
            CallAnswered
            QueueID
            etc, etc.

Then use F10 to step through tns_NotifyPhoneBasicResultEnd() and verify
that the program goes through one of the UnMarshaller procedures depeding
on the value of "name". You do not necessarily need to repeat that
procedure for each value if name. Just check if at least one value is
loaded into tns_NotifyPhoneBasicResult.

Now add a breakpoint to the statement after:

   NotifyPhoneBasicResponse =
      PhoneNotifySoap_NotifyPhoneBasic(NotifyPhoneBasic: errText);

Continue processing with F12. When the program stops after
PhoneNotifySoap_NotifyPhoneBasic() use F11 or "eval" to look at
"NotifyPhoneBasicResponse". Can you see the values you have seen in
procedure tns_NotifyPhoneBasicResultEnd()?

Last but not least please send your stub module to me. Perhaps you should
do that offline in order to not bother Scott's mailing list with to much
attachments.

Regards,

Thomas.

ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 19.05.2009 22:17:44:

> The stub that I had was different than what you have attached.  I reran
your
> tool to create the stub (after downloading the new version of the
library)
> and got something similar to what you have attached.  Once again, I get
> nothing in my formatted dump. . How did you create the file that you sent
> containing the test response data?  Maybe it is working but I am looking
in
> the wrong place for the response data
>

> Larry Kleinman
> Kleinman Associates, Inc.
> 212-949-6469
> 203-255-4100
>

>              thomas.raddatz@gf

>              d.de

>              Sent by:
>              ftpapi-bounces@li         ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>              sts.scottklement.
cc
>              com

Subject
>                                        Re: using WSDL2PRG

>              05/19/2009 10:28

>              AM

>              Please respond to

>                 HTTPAPI and

>               FTPAPI Projects

>              <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxx

>               ttklement.com>

> Larry,
>
> Frankly I do not have any idea why the response fields are empty. I did
> another test and everything worked as expected. I generated the web
service
> stub again, compiled it and used the soapUI mock web service to test it.
>
> Please check your web service stub against the one attached to this
e-mail.
> LARRY01 is the web service stub generated by WSDL2RPG. LARRY01T is a test
> driver that binds to LARRY01 to call the web service. I also added my
debug
> log as well as my test response data in a separate file.
>
> Thomas.
>
> (See attached file: LarryTestPgm.zip)
>
> ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 19.05.2009 15:33:31:
>

> > Thomas - yes, putting the new WSDL2RPG solved the error message
problem,
> but
> > I am still getting nothing in the response fields.  Maybe I am doing
> > something wrong (which, frankly, would not be a big shock).  You
already
> > have the URL for the WSDL, and the program that I am using is a nearly
> > identical copy of your sample that gets zip codes.  Here are the
relevant
> > sections:
> >
> >  /DEFINE PROTOTYPE_phonesrv
> >  /COPY QRPGLESRC,phonesrv
> >  /UNDEFINE PROTOTYPE_phonesrv
> >  /COPY QBASICS1,PBASICS1                      Tools/400 Runtime Library
> >  *
> >  *
> >  *  Helper fields
> > D x               S             10I 0 inz
> > D text            S             52A   varying inz
> >  *
> >  *  Web service error message text
> > D errText         S            128A   varying inz
> >  *
> >  *  Request message
> > D NotifyPhoneBasic...
> > D                 DS                  likeds(tns_NotifyPhoneBasic_t )
inz
> >  *
> >  *  Response message
> > D NotifyPhoneBasicResponse...
> > D                 DS                  likeds(
> > D                                     tns_NotifyPhoneBasicResponse_t)
inz