Re: using WSDL2PRG

   Thanks, Thomas (and everyone else). I downloaded the savf - do i just
   replace the entire WSDL2RPG lib with the contents of the new SAVF?
   Larry Kleinman
   Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   212-949-6469
   203-255-4100
   Inactive hide details for Thomas Raddatz ---05/16/2009 01:50:06
   PM---Larry, Thomas Raddatz ---05/16/2009 01:50:06 PM---Larry,

   Thomas Raddatz <thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
       Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       05/16/2009 01:43 PM

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: using WSDL2PRG

   Larry,
   Thank you for the debug log. I was able to set up a soapUI mock web
   service that uses the response
   data of your debug log as the reply message. That way I could locate
   the error. Actually the error had
   already been fixed in WSDL2RPG v1.7.
   You can download a beta copy of v1.7 from here:
      [1]http://www.tools400.de/beta/WSDL2RPG_20090516_1907.SAVF
   Beside the error you reported v1.7 fixes lots of other problems. I
   assume that it is stable and
   actually I am about to officially release it. I am just waiting for a
   final response of another person.
   Thanks to everybody who jumped in and helped to solve Larry's issue.
   Regards,
   Thomas.
   Larry Kleinman schrieb:
   >    Thomas - attached is the debug log. The URL for the WDSL is
   >    [1][2]http://ws.cdyne.com/NotifyWS/PhoneNotify.asmx?wsdl.
   >    Thanks SO much for the help.
   >    (See attached file: debug.txt)
   >    >>
   >    Larry Kleinman
   >    Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   >    212-949-6469
   >    203-255-4100
   >    Inactive hide details for thomas.raddatz---05/15/2009 03:11:03
   >    AM---Larry, thomas.raddatz---05/15/2009 03:11:03 AM---Larry,
   >
   >    thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx
   >        Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >        05/15/2009 02:28 AM
   >
   >                              Please respond to
   >         HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   >    <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

      cc

   Subject

   >    Re: using WSDL2PRG
   >
   >    Larry,
   >    I am currently out of the office and cannot support you well at
   the
   >    moment. I will be back home at the weekend. Meanwhile please turn
   on
   >    the debug log and send it to me. Please make sure to exclude
   passwords
   >    and user accounts if present. Also attach the wsdl file.
   >    Last but not least please send the call stack to me when the
   program
   >    is active and in error state. "WSDL2R98_U" is not precise enough.
   All
   >    it tells me is that the error occured in an UnMarshaller
   procedure. If
   >    you like you can start the debugger and try to debug the
   UnMarshaller
> [...]
   got
   >    the
   >    >following in my job log:
   >    >
   >    >Message . . . . :   Length or start position is out of range for
   the
   >    string
   >    >  operation.
   >    >Cause . . . . . :   One of the following has occurred in RPG
   >    procedure
   >    >  WSDL2R98_U in program WSDL2RPG/WSDL2RPGRT:
   >    >  - A numeric length or start position is less than 1 or too
   large
   >    for the
   >    >    string operation.
   >    >  - The search-argument parameter of the %SCAN built-in function
   has
   >    zero
   >    >    length or is longer than the source-string parameter.
   >    >  - The maximum-length parameter of the %STR built-in function
   is not
   >    >value
   >    >    between 1 and the maximum size of a character field.
   >    >Recovery  . . . :   Contact the person responsible for program
   >    maintenance
   >    >  determine the cause of the problem.
   >    >
   >    >
   >    >
   >    >Any ideas?  Thanks!
   >    >
   >    >Larry Kleinman
   >    >Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   >    >212-949-6469
   >    >203-255-4100
   >    >
   >    >
   >    >

   >    >             thomas.raddatz@gf
   >    >             d.de
   >    >             Sent by:
   >    >             ftpapi-bounces@li
   ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >    >             sts.scottklement.
   >        cc
   >    >             com
   >
   >    >
   >    Subject
   >    >                                       Re: using WSDL2PRG
   >
   >    >             03/16/2009 11:43
   >
   >    >             AM
   >
   >    >

   >    >

   >    >             Please respond to
   >
   >    >                HTTPAPI and
   >
   >    >              FTPAPI Projects
   >
   >    >             <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxx
   >    >              ttklement.com>
   >    >

   >    >

   >    >
   >    >
   >    >
   >    >
   >    >
   >    >Larry,
   >    >
   >    >tns:NotifyPhoneBasic uses messages tns:NotifyPhoneBasicSoapIn
   and
   >    >tns:NotifyPhoneBasicSoapOut.
   >    >
   >    >The parameter of tns:NotifyPhoneBasicSoapIn is
   tns:NotifyPhoneBasic
   >    which
   >    >is a complex element made of several string elements. Each of
   these
   >    sub
   >    >elements are defined with maxOccurs set to 1. Hence these
   elements
   >    are no
   >    >arrays and no DIM_A* constant is generated.
   >    >
   >    >The parameter of tns:NotifyPhoneBasicSoapOut is
   >    >tns:NotifyPhoneBasicResponse. That element contains sub element
   >    >NotifyPhoneBasicResult of type tns:NotifyReturn which contains
   sub
   >    element
   >    >VariableArray. VariableArray is of type tns:ArrayOfVariable.
   That is
   >    the
   >    >point where we hit the array! tns:ArrayOfVariable contains
   element
   >    Variable
   >    >of type tns:Variable and is defined with maxOccurs "unbounded"!
   >    >tns:Variable is just a key/value pair and does specify
   "unbounded".
   >    >
   >    >So the only array used in NotifyPhoneBasic is Variable, used by
   >    >ArrayOfVariable, used by VariableArray, etc.
   >    >
   >    >That is why there is only one DIM_A* namely DIM_A1.
   >    >
   >    >When I generate and compile the program with the default
   settings,
   >    the size
   >    >of tns_notifyPhoneBasicResponse_t is 34040 byte. After having
   changed
   >    >DIM_A1 from 128 to 32 the new size of
   tns_notifyPhoneBasicResponse_t
   >    >dropped to 9080. It is up to you to decide which string size and
   >    number of
   >    >elements to use.
   >    >
   >    >The _t variables are used as type definitions. All real
   variables are
   >    >declared using 'like' or 'likeds' and a _t type definition as
   the
   >    reference
   >    >field. You find all _t type definitions in the generated stub
   module.
   >    E.g:
   >    >
   >    > *
   >    >D tns_NotifyPhoneBasicResponse_t...
   >    >D                 DS                  based(pDummy)
   >    >D                                     qualified
   >    >D  NotifyPhoneBasicResult...
   >    >D
   likeds(tns_NotifyReturnRnmd_t)
   >    > *
   >    >D tns_NotifyReturnRnmd_t...
   >    >D                 DS                  based(pDummy)
   >    >D                                     qualified
   >    >D  CallAnswered                   N
   >    >D  CallComplete                   N
   >    >D  Country                     128A   varying
   >    >D  Demo                           N
   >    >D  DigitsPressed               128A   varying
   >    >D  Duration                     10I 0
   >    >D  EndTime                        Z
   >    >D  MachineDetection...
   >    >D                              128A   varying
   >    >D  MinuteRate                   31S15
   >    >D  QueueID                      20I 0
   >    >D  ResponseCode                 10I 0
   >    >D  ResponseText                128A   varying
   >    >D  StartTime                      Z
   >    >D  TextToSay                   128A   varying
   >    >D  TryCount                     10I 0
   >    >D  VariableArray
   likeds(tns_ArrayOfVariable_t)
> [...]
   >    >> > pointer and manually allocate storage and copy the value to
   that
   >    >pointer.
   >    >> > Larry, let me know if you
   >    >> > hit that problem and I will try to figure out how to do
   that.
   >    >> >
   >    >> > Thomas.
   >    >> >
   >    >> >
   >    >> > Scott Klement schrieb:
   >    >> > > My understanding (and it may be wrong) is that WSDL
   documents
   >    don't
   >    >> > > usually tell you the size of the string.  They simply say
   "data
   >    type
   >    >is
   >    >> > > String".
   >    >> > >
   >    >> > > In many languages, that's a non-issue.  Java, PHP, C#, etc
   all
   >    let
   >    >you
   >    >> > > declare a string, and don't ask you for a size.  they
   >    dynamically
   >    >> update
   >    >> > > the size as needed.  Thus, the standards being the way
   they
   >    are.
   >    >> > >
   >    >> > > But, when Thomas created WSDL2RPG, he had to pick a
   number,
   >    since RPG
   >    >> > > requires it.  He picked 128, figuring it would be large
   enough
   >    for
   >    >most
   >    >> > > of the strings used in web services, without being too big
   (and
   >    thus
   >    >> > > risking hitting RPG's memory limits).  He figured you
   could
   >    easily go
   >    >> in
   >    >> > > and change that 128 to something larger if you needed to.
   >    >> > >
   >    >> > > At least, that's my understanding.  I probably shouldn't
   speak
   >    for
   >    >him,
   >    >> > > but I think he told me that at one point :)
   >    >> > >
   >    >> > >
   >    >> > >
   >    >> > > Larry Kleinman wrote:
   >    >> > >>    Hi all - I am just getting started with WSDL2RPG and
   my
   >    first few
   >    >> > >>    simple attempts seem to work OK. I have now run into a
   >    problem -
   >    >> one
   >    >> > >>    of the fields that the web service expects can be very
   long
   >    (a
   >    >few
   >    >> > >>    thousand characters), but the "stub" created by
   WSDL2RPG is

   [1][10][11]http://ws.cdyne.com/NotifyWS/PhoneNotify.asmx?wsdl
> [...]
   every
   >    >   string as
   >    >   > 16MB, isn't it?
   >    >   >
   >    >   > Thomas.
   >    >   >
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > > Thomas - what does the DIM parm do?  Can i make that
   smaller
   >    >   avoid
   >    >   > > hitting the 64K limit?
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > > Larry Kleinman
   >    >   > > Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   >    >   > > 212-949-6469
   >    >   > > 203-255-4100
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              Thomas Raddatz
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              <thomas.raddatz@t
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              ools400.de>
   >    >   > >              Sent by:                  HTTPAPI and FTPAPI
   >    Projects
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              ftpapi-bounces@li
   >    >   <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx& gt;
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              sts.scottklement.
   >    >   > cc
   >    >   > >              com
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > Subject
   >    >   > >                                        Re: using WSDL2PRG
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              03/14/2009 06:30
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              AM
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              Please respond to
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >                 HTTPAPI and
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >               FTPAPI Projects
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >              <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxx
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >               ttklement.com>
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > > Scott,
   >    >   > >
   >    >   > > You are absolutely right. There is nothing I could add
   except
   >    for
   >    >   that
   >    >   > you
   >    >   > > can change the default
   >    >   > > length for strings at the WSDL2RPG command prompt. Press
   F9 to