Re: Reciving error: (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

The message means that the SSL data exchanged under the covers was
either invalid or in a format that OS/400 didn't recognize (which
amounts to the same thing, I guess... the data wasn't understood)

In your case, it looks like the TCP session got disconnected in the
middle of exchanging SSL information, so you probably only got half of
the data ... and therefore it was "invalid".