Re: Out of context Help

Just to be sure you understand:  It is not safe to run multiple
concurrent RPG threads in V5R4 or older releases.  IBM i 6.1 was the
first release where multiple concurrent threads is safe in RPG.

If you try to have multiple concurrent threads in RPG on an older
release, it may APPEAR to work fine, but you may be corrupting internal
memory.  Or, just by chance, it might work when you test it and corrupt
nothing, whereas when running later in production, it might corrupt memory.

RPG is known NOT to be threadsafe in V5R4 and earlier, unless you code
THREAD(*SERIALIZE) and if you code that, you can only have one thread
running at a time.