<fromarchives>

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Not that I know of.  It should be pretty easy to do, however.

What would be interesting would be something like a "wget" utility that
incorporated both FTPAPI and HTTPAPI, and allowed you to just type a URL
and get it.

Like maybe:

      fetch url('ftp://ftp.somewhere.com/pub/os400/something.savf')
or
      fetch url('http://www.foo.com/some/dir/somefile.dat')

</fromarchives>

Since this is from 2002, it's not exactly current.  I don't know what was in
httpapi at that time.  I understand wget is used to retrieve website
contents.  Isn't that what the httpapi procedure http_get does?  Does that
mean all I need to do is http_get of the url my contractor ultimately gives
me?  Is it really that simple?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Crosby