RE: Data Compression

Scott,

Would adding decompression support to HTTPAPI be something like this?

1. Pick a decompression library/program (ie zlib which seems to be ported to
the standard library system and can be used to compress/uncompress gzip
encoded objects)
2. Build a DECODE module similar to the encoder routines.
3. Build in the content-header Accept-Encoding: gzip
4. Extend the doget (or maybe RecvResp?) procedure to uncompress compressed
data. This would also touch parse_resp_chain to find out if the content was
gzipped similar to the way you handle 'chunked'?

Mike Krebs