Re: how to use a web service

Hi Shannon,

POX stands for "Plain Old XML", and it means that XML is sent and
received -- just like SOAP web service -- except that the XML doesn't
follow the SOAP standards.

Generally, POX web services are easier to code, because when the vendor
is able to create his/her own XML, the XML is simpler, doesn't require
namespace handling, etc.

But, because the XML formats used in POX aren't standardized, they can't
  be used easily with tooling, so you can't use tools like AXIS, SoapUI,
WSDL2RPG, PHP's support for SOAP, etc, etc...  they don't typically work
with a POX web service because it's not standardized -- and you have to
code to the HTTP layer.

Whereas with HTTPAPI (where you're already coding to the HTTP layer --
since it doesn't generate the XML for you) they seem simpler because the
XML is simpler.

If that makes sense