RE: how to use a web service

Decide on the web service and let the web service tell you how to build the
app.

The web service should have a WSDL that will tell you exactly what it
expects and with that you will usually get how it expects it (GET POST
secure not). Not all "web services" have WSDL, but most will.

SOAP is just part of a protocol for how to do this in a standard way. Not
all "web services" are SOAP, but most are.

Once you decide on the web service, look for a close example and fire away.

Two helpers...Thomas Raddatz has WSDL2RPG that helps to build the correct
RPG from the WSDL. And www.soapui.org has a nice tool that lets you inspect
wsdl and see how a request is built and the response you should get back.

Mike Krebs