   From: Sakthivel-Viswanathan
   Sent: 23 January 2009 14:07
   To: 'ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
   Subject: RE: Conversion using Iconv to ASCII

   Mike/Scott/Group,

   Sorry, I thought that this would be a common issue.

   Yes Mike, I am not able to read the ascii though I able to view it. I
   see the data getting written to the debug log file.

   I have attached the code and debug log. Please see the
   Code_Response_Expected Response.txt before reading further.

   After trying the default CCSIDs, I tried CCSID of 500, 1252 because
   when I was discussing with my boss, he was saying that our AS400
   systems use CCSID of 500 and servers in US where the web service is
   running, use 1252. Check logs - httpapi_DefaultCCSID.txt,
   httpapi_CCSID500to1252.txt. Please note that tilda is appearing
   properly in the notepad. But it did not in my AS400 L.

   I also noticed that my system default for CCSID is 65535 and `Country
   or region identifier' as NL(Netherlands). I tried changing these to
   500 and US too. Anything to do with this?

   We also have a table created Q500TO1252 and Q1252TO500 in our systems.
   I tried defining the HTTP_USE_TABLES in Config_h (recompiled HTTPAPI
   completely), and called my program with default tables (QTCPEBC,
   QTCPASC) and also HTTP_setTables(`Q500TO1252','Q1252TO500'). But I got
   internal server error. I have attached the debug log
   (httpapi_debug_UsingTables.txt) for this too.

   The output which I get here is one of the input for my next
   consumption of web service. Where I include another parameter which is
   "invLoc:L~deliveryCd:D~catalogId:100". When this goes to the server,
   where the web service is running, both the parameters gets changed and
   have junk characters instead of tilda.

   I don't know if I am confused or I am confusing everybody.

   Regards,

   Sakthivel