Re: SOAPAction and Unmarshal Exception

   Hi Scott,
   I think my first issue was that I was thinking for some reason that
   the debug log gets written over each time you run it, not appended to
   it.  After I realized it gets appended to, I did find that the
   SoapAction was "".  Sorry about that.
   As for the namespace issue, that's exactly what it was.  I was missing
   the / on the end of the .com.  It's funny how something so little can
   cause so many issues.  Thanks for all ur help!
   Erin L Strobel
   Information Services - Programmer
   Church Mutual Insurance
   1-800-554-2642 Ext. 4947

   Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   01/04/2009 01:19 PM

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: SOAPAction and Unmarshal Exception

   Hi Erin,
   Your debug log (the one you attached) seems to show SoapAction: "",
   just
   as you expected, which confuses me because the text of your e-mail
   states that it's not blank in the debug log...?
   SoapAction is just a parameter that can be read by the web service and
   used to control how it operates.  Sometimes multiple web services run
   on
   the same URL.  The SOAP action helps distinguish between them.
   From the consumer's perspective, it's just a matter of passing the
   soap
   action that the provider is expecting -- it doesn't really matter what
   it is.  Just pass what it tells you to pass.
   Try using a tool like SoapUI to interpret your WSDL, if you're having
   trouble.  Though, the error message you posted doesn't appear to be
   related to the SoapAction as far as I can tell.  Rather, it looks like
   namespace issue -- at least that's the way I read it.

   http://sandbox.ad.churchmutual.com:35100/RPGAccessRefApp/RPGTestServic
   >    e/TestMethodForRPG
   >    but is too long for the parameter (parm is only set to be 64
   alpha and
   >    this is 88), hence why it's cut off in the log.  How do I know
   which
   >    value is correct?  And if the latter is correct, do I change all
   the
   >    definitions in the HTTPAPI to be longer than 64 or is there
   another
   >    way?
   >    Unmarshal Exception - unexpected element:
   >    I've attached the debug log so you can see the exception.  Is
   this
   >    being caused by the SOAPAction thing or is this something else?
   Any