Re: testing example GEOIP

Danny,

I successfully called the GeoIP service this morning. Here is what I sent
to "GetGeoIP":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:tns="http://www.webservicex.net";>
      <soapenv:Body>
            <tns:GetGeoIP>
                  <tns:IPAddress>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</tns:IPAddress>
            </tns:GetGeoIP>
      </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

And that is what it returned to me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
      <soap:Body>
            <GetGeoIPResponse xmlns="http://www.webservicex.net";>
                  <GetGeoIPResult>
                        <ReturnCode>1</ReturnCode>
                        <IP>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</IP>
                        <ReturnCodeDetails>Record Found</ReturnCodeDetails>
                        <CountryName>GERMANY</CountryName>
                        <CountryCode>DE</CountryCode>
                  </GetGeoIPResult>
            </GetGeoIPResponse>
      </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Also "GetGeoIOContext" worked properly for the following message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:tns="http://www.webservicex.net";>
      <soapenv:Body>
            <tns:GetGeoIPContext></tns:GetGeoIPContext>
      </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

In that case it returned with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
      <soap:Body>
            <GetGeoIPContextResponse xmlns="http://www.webservicex.net";>
                  <GetGeoIPContextResult>
                        <ReturnCode>1</ReturnCode>
                        <IP>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</IP>
                        <ReturnCodeDetails>Record Found</ReturnCodeDetails>
                        <CountryName>GERMANY</CountryName>
                        <CountryCode>DE</CountryCode>
                  </GetGeoIPContextResult>
            </GetGeoIPContextResponse>
      </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

After having checked that I guess that you did something wrong with the
message you send to the GeoIP service. Please compare your message with the
message(s) I sent to GeoIP and double check that your message is right.

The easiest way to get to your message is to enable the HTTPP debug log. In
order to enable the HTTP debug log you have to call http_debug(*ON) before
calling the GeoIP service. The log file is written to "
/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt" by default. If you do not like that file or
directory just specify your output file at the second parameter of
http_debug() like that:

   http_debug(*ON: '/home/duncan/HTTP_GeoIP.log')

Thomas.

ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 19.10.2008 01:40:30:

> I am receiving the following error while trying to use the GEOIP example:
>
> HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.
>

> Please advise,
>

> Danny Duncan
>
> danny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.