Re: Problem with empty SOAPAction and WAS 6.1

Hi Wolfgang,

Honestly, I don't understand what's going on here.  Can you or Thomas
explain why you commented out that code?

Unless I'm misreading things, that code is only run if you pass *BLANKS
for the peSoapAction parameter.  Why would you pass *BLANKS to it, and
then disable the code that runs when *BLANKS are supplied?

It seems to me that if you didn't pass the peSoapAction parameter at
all, or if you passed *OMIT, it would skip that whole section of code,
and never add the SoapAction: keyword to begin with -- without any
modifications to HTTPAPI.

Or is there a bug that's preventing that from working?

The problem with your code change... if one WANTS to pass an empty
SoapAction (I've seen web services that require it) you CAN'T, because
you've removed the code that sends the empty SoapAction!  And I don't
see why removing that code was necessary.

Which routine are you calling to begin with?   http_url_post?
http_url_post_xml?  http_url_post_raw?  http_url_post_stmf?
http_persist_post?   Or one of the GET routines?

It would help a lot if we knew what your code is doing -- instead of
just knowing what you changed in HTTPAPI.