Reason for 500 Error (was Re: searching for string on IFS)

Hi Daniel,

The 500 error is not coming from HTTPAPI.  It's coming from the HTTP
server that you're connected to.  There's not much I can do about it --
HTTPAPI is just relaying what the server told it.

However, you might take a look at the data that's returned to you.  The
downloaded data might contain a clue as to the cause of the 500 error.

According to the standards, there should be a 'Fault' element returned
in the SOAP document if the web service is reporting the error to you.
So http_url_post() should return 500, but the data that it has received
should contain an XML SOAP message, and the message should contain a
"soap:Fault" message that contains the reason for the failure.

If the 500 error is coming from a proxy that fails to the connect, the
fault message is more likely to be an HTML message (because the proxy
doesn't know that you're not a web browser).

That's just a guess... you particular scenario might be different.  But,
it's something to look for.