Http return codes

   Hoping someone can help me with return codes from http_url_post_xml. I
   have a Java webservice being called from an iSeries client. The
   webservice goes out to Google to retrieve distance and time from 2
   different addresses. The http_url_post_xml returns a 500 on an invalid
   address from Google AND it also returns a 500 if the server where the
   webservice resides is down.  Is there an option or a way to determine
   if the response coming back is a server issue or request issue? If I
   can determine the difference I can code for it in my client.

   Lance Kastel

   CSK Auto

   Senior Programmer Analyst

   602-631-7166