FTPAPI Code Page Question

   I'm tranferring a physical file (a flat one) to a MS SQL Server 2005
   application. It expects the file to be in Unicode, but it's appearing
   over there as ASCII, and that doesn't work.

   What do I need to do? A quick Google seems to indicate that CCSID 1208
   is Unicode; I tried this in my program:

   // Switch to ASCII mode.

   If Ftp_Binarymode(File_Id : *OFF) < 0;
     P_Error = 'Cannot switch to ASCII mode. Check FTP Server.';
     Exsr End_Program;

   Endif;

   // Files must be in Unicode CCSID (1208).

   If Ftp_Codepage(File_Id : 1208 : 37) < 0;
     P_Error = 'Cannot translate files to Unicode. Check FTP Server.';
     Exsr End_Program;

   Endif;

   That did not work. On the desination server, if you open the file in
   Notepad, File, Save as, the type is showing up as ANSI.

   Any suggestions?

   --

   Francis Lapeyre

   Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo.