Re: Firewall question: WE GOT A LIVE ONE

Hi James,

Yes, I would guess that this is all that was received in the packet so
far.  (Actually, the packet(s) transmitted would have contained HTTP
header data -- but this is the only part of the actual 'payload' that
was received in the packets so far.)

HTTPAPI will call your 'Incoming' routine (which can have any name you
like -- I just used Incoming in my examples) as soon as it has any data
at all.  So as soon as one or more packets containing any data is
available, HTTPAPI sends the data to your Incoming routine.  HTTPAPI
will keep calling it over and over until all of the data is available.

And, in this case, there was probably more data on the way, but HTTPAPI
would've aborted the connection as soon as it detected the error, so we
never got to see the remainder of the transmission.

HTTPAPI will log all of the data it receives, however...  (it doesn't
truncate the data to 79 for the sake of logging.)   It just never got
aborted before it tried to receive more (in this instance)

It makes sense for the results to be consistent, since the same network
is in play both times, and therefore the packets should contain the same
data (assuming the responses are identical, of course.)