Re: Firewall question

Scott Klement wrote:
> Hmmm... from your response, I get the feeling that you don't know what a
> debug log is.  (Though,you didn't actually ask.)  A debug log is a
> logging facility within HTTPAPI that logs all of the steps that HTTPAPI
> is going through, what data it has sent over the network, what data is
> received over the network, and what error messages are received.
>
> So we'd be able to see exactly where the error is occurring, and what
> the error message is.

Yes, I know what one is, and yes, I've seen one. But isn't it produced
unconditionally, if one does a "callp http_debug(*ON), and suppressed
unconditonally if one doesn't?

> At the moment, the only error message you've given is "it's returning
> -1" which means nothing more specific than "some error of some kind has
> occurred".   Which basically tells me absolutely nothing.

Yes. But I thought I saw a few more specific return codes in there,
somewhere.

Looking once again at the EXAMPLE1 source (yes, I know, it does a get,
rather than a get_raw), I also see an "eval msg = http_error" statement.
Or does that just return a message based on the return code itself?

Idea: What if I revise the client so that if it fails both attempts, it
calls http_debug(*ON), then repeats both attempts?

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation