Re: Strange: my web service client (HTTPAPI-based) works fine in tests, but we're getting failures in the field

Mike Krebs wrote:
> Not sure if it is pertinent, but we didn't have a hole through our proxy for
> the System i for get places. I could web browse just fine, but the System i
> couldn't get out. You might want to have them try pinging outside addresses
> from the System i. Do they have DNS configured? Can they get a ping out? Do
> they have a hole in their firewall for the System i on port 80?

Could be any of these things (although the program's set up to fall back
on a dotted-decimal IP address if the DNS can't resolve
"wintouch.touchtonecorp.com."

At any rate, I've updated it so that the next time the problem occurs,
we'll get something more specific.

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation