Re: ssl ftp

Unfortunately, I don't have anything quite that sophisticated, sorry.  I
tend to prefer 'scp' over 'sftp' for file transfers because it's easier
to tell if it succeeded or failed -- scp will return 0 to the unix shell
if it succeeded, and something else if it failed.  So you can easily
tell success from failure.  Unfortunately, 'scp' doesn't have the
ability to list files, delete files, etc.  It can only send/receive.

So I guess what I'd do in your shoes (keep in mind that I haven't done
this, it's just off the top of my head)...   I'd connect w/sftp to get
the directory listing, then disconnect. Throw the file list into an
array in my program.   Then, spin through the array and use 'scp' to get
each file.  Then, use the array to build an 'sftp' script to delete the
files...

Not nearly as elegant as FTPAPI, but it works.