Re: WSDL2RPG - Pointer not set for location referenced

I get the same error (and I *do* have DNS configured).

Here's the details for the "POinter not set" (MCH3601) error:

                             Display Message Details

  Message ID . . . . . . :   MCH3601       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

  Date sent  . . . . . . :   01/15/08      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:57:37
  Message type . . . . . :   Escape

  From . . . . . . . . . :   KLEMSCOT      CCSID  . . . . . . . . :
65535

  From program . . . . . . . . . :   WSDL2RPG

    From library . . . . . . . . :     WSDL2RPG

    From module  . . . . . . . . :     WSDL2R50

    From procedure . . . . . . . :     WSDL2R50_TypeDef_isXmlArray

    From statement . . . . . . . :     85400

  To program . . . . . . . . . . :   WSDL2RPG

    To library . . . . . . . . . :     WSDL2RPG

    To module  . . . . . . . . . :     WSDL2R50

    To procedure . . . . . . . . :     WSDL2R50_TypeDef_isXmlArray

    To statement . . . . . . . . :     85400

The actual source code exhibiting the problem appears to be the
following line from the TypeDef_isXmlArray subprocedure in the WSDL2R50
source member:

      if (i_type.arrayType = cARRAY_XML);

This routine appears to be called from many places, and I'm having a
tough time pinning down the actual error (I'm not familiar with the
WSDL2RPG code at this point.)  So maybe Thomas can figure it out quicker
than I can...

FWIW, Francois, you don't need a DNS *server* running on your System i.
  You only need to configure the DNS *resolver* that's part of the core
TCP/IP services of i5/OS.  You tell it the IP address of any DNS Server
(it can be a Windows, Unix or Linux machine on your network, or it can
be a DNS server provided by your Internet Provider.)  Setting that IP
address is all you need to enable DNS lookups.  You don't need the DNS
server unless you want to host your own domains for other people to access.