HTTP API question

   The HTTP API may very helpful to us.  I'm not very knowledgeable about
   HTTP.  In reading through the documentation and source code I come to
   this conclusion.  You get responses from the HTTP posts via output to
   a file -or- through a parsing mechanism.

   We have a reasonably sophisticated HTTP servlet
   application (SystemLink) written in Java that processes database and
   application transactions.  It has no user interface.  It accepts XML
   headless tranasactions and hands back any necessary feedback through a
   response.  This servlet can basically process any transaction
   available in our java GUI interfaces.

   I've been given the assignment of developing a RPG local program
   interface into the servlet.  We already have a RPG/java LPI.  An RPG
   process starts up java and calls classes to send requests/receive
   same thing without having to startup java (performance).

   The current RPG/Java LPI receives the XML response as one chunk of
   memory.  The servlet is sophisticated and has request methods to be
   instructed to return data in manageable XML memory chunks.  We'd like
   the POST LPI to have the same structure.  The LPI function has no
   reason to do parsing.  It simply wants to hand back POST responses in
   memory chunks to the caller.  I'd like to hand the POST API a pointer
   to memory for the response.  Is there a current way to do that -or-
   could anyone advise me if this would be feasible for us to make a
   change in this area?

   Wes Breinich | Infor | office: 843-681-9575 | mobile: 843-298-4618  |
   [1]wes.breinich@xxxxxxxxx

   Save the Date | Inforum 2007 | The Sands Expo | Las Vegas, September
   9-12 | where it all comes together for you