From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Barry Shrum
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:03 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: RE: CommSSL_Read timeout

Scott,

Thanks, I'll start the upgrade.

Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:51 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects

Hi Barry,

The "CommSSL_read timeout" message is a normal, expected message -- and
has nothing to do with your problem.

That log file says that the issue is that the page has "moved
temporarily" (which usually means that it's trying to redirect you to a
different URL, in this case, https://www.someurl.com)

The site expects you to get that URL (which can be retrieved by calling
HTTP_redir_loc() API in HTTPAPI) and then try performing a GET request
on that site.

The web server is also sending you cookies, which should be re-submitted
to the new site.  However, since you're running a very old version of
HTTPAPI, you'll have to do the cookie processing manually, HTTPAPI
didn't understand cookies until version 1.16.

You may want to start by updating HTTPAPI.