RE: "Call stack" and "Connection Reset" issues.

>  Does the new version of UPLOAD.BAT work okay on V4R2?

Yes, worked like a champ!  (Including the member type change.)

> And if you still can't get it to compile, can you tell me where it's breaking? Thanks.

RNS9309 received by INSTALL at 23800. (C D I R)

In HEADERR4:

  3176 c                   eval      %occur(hdr) = hdrs
 ======>                              aaaaaab   c d
 *RNF0604 20 a      016700  The token is not valid; token is ignored.

There were a few instances of %occur in the member.  I replaced each with the old OCCUR opcode and got through that one.

RNS9310 received by INSTALL at 34600. (C D I R)

In EXAMPLE2:

  1874 c                   eval      rc = http_url_get( http_redir_loc()
======>                                                                a
*RNF0637 30 a      008700  An operand was expected but was not found; specification is
                           ignored.
  1875 c                                          : '/tmp/testpost.html')

It acts as if calling a procedure with no parameters was not supported.  At first I thought it didn't like the procedure call in the parameter of another call, but even creating a temp variable and calling http_redir_loc() first didn't work.

In the V4R2 ILERPG manual, I see "If a prototyped program or procedure has call parameters or a return value, then a procedure interface definition must be defined" which implies parameters are not required.  I wonder if it is a compiler bug.

 RNS9310 received by INSTALL at 38500. (C D I R)

In EXAMPLE11:

1815 c                   eval      Msg = %char(BytesRecv) + ' bytes have '+
1816 c                                'been received so far'

1827 c                   eval      Msg = 'Download is ' + %char(Pct) +
1828 c                                '% completed.'

 *RNF0386 30   1815 005400  The parameter for %CHAR is not valid.
 *RNF0386 30   1827 006600  The parameter for %CHAR is not valid.

I got an error when I tried to run EXAMPLE1 also.

MCH1210  Receiver value too small to hold result.
 From program . . . . . . . . . :   HTTPAPIR4
   From library . . . . . . . . :     LIBHTTP
   From module  . . . . . . . . :     HEADERR4
   From procedure . . . . . . . :     HEADER_GET_REQ_COOKIES
   From statement . . . . . . . :     4097
CPF9999  Function check. MCH1210 unmonitored by HTTPAPIR4 at statement 0000004097,
  instruction X'0000'.
RNQ0202  The call to HTTP_URL_G ended in error (C G D F).

EXAMPLE2 did not compile.  EXAMPLE3, EXAMPLE4, EXAMPLE5 use SSL which I cannot find for V4R2.

EXAMPLE6: DSPLY   HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently (but that implies to me it's working)

I skipped over EXAMPLE7 and EXAMPLE8.  EXAMPLE9 had the same error as EXAMPLE1.  My QSHELL seems  to be crippled, so I couldn't run EXAMPLE10.  EXAMPLE11 did not compile.

I think I need to look at the MCH1210 error before I go on testing more examples.  (My attention span gave out when EXAMPLE12 gave the same error.)
--
Sean Porterfield

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited.  Thank you.