From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Scott Klement
Sent: Wed 1/08/2007 6:56 a.m.
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: HTTPAPI

Hi Peter,

The oldest release I have access to is V5R3.  (And that machine is being
retired!  Soon V5R4 will be the oldest.)

The only way I can create software compatible with old releases like
V4R2 is with help from people like you.   Each time I'm working on a new
release, I post a "beta" version of the code -- and one of the things
that I always ask for is people to tell me which releases it works on,
and which ones it doesn't. And to help me make it compatible with their
releases!  Unfortunately, for the last several releases I have been
unable to find someone who can test the code on releases older than
V5R1.  (and even V5R1 users have been relatively scarce)

Basically what I'm saying is this:  If you want HTTPAPI to continue to
work on V4R2, then you need to help.  You need to test each release on
V4R2 and tell me where it doesn't work so I can make it compatible.

Peter Snijders wrote:
> Scott,
>
> I think what's going wrong. I have an older RPGILE compiler that does not
> accept all build in functions. I have to change a lot of programs for that.
>
> Could you not put a compiled V4R2 or V4R4 version of HTTPAPI objects on some
> server that I could pick up. That would be so much helpful.

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.

<<winmail.dat>>