RE: Need simple request help.

John,

This is not exactly what you wanted, but get this working and then go from
there. I think you will have to look at http_url_get_raw (example9), but
Scott will point you in the right direction. See if you can compile this
program. Notice I "hardcoded" the URL encoding. This is needed in the simple
examples, but the encoder can be called directly when you get that far.

Then run it. It should display the file to the screen.

Mike

H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP(*NEW) BNDDIR('HTTPAPI')

 *
 * The simplest thing that HTTPAPI can do is download a
 * file from a web server.  This example demonstrates
 * retrieving a geocoded address from a web service
 *
 *

D/copy qrpglesrc,httpapi_h
D cmd             pr                  extpgm('QCMDEXC')
D  command                     200A   const
D  length                       15P 5 const

D rc              s             10I 0
D msg             s             52A

c                   callp     http_debug(*ON)

C* Retrieve geocoding information

c                   eval      rc = http_url_get(
c                             'HTTP://rpc.geocoder.us/service/'+
c                             'csv?address=' +
c                             '1600%20Pennsylvania%20Avenue%20NW,%20' +
c                             'Washington,DC':
c                             '/tmp/geocode.csv')

c                   if        rc <> 1
c                   eval      msg = http_error
c     'Error'       dsply
c**  'msg' now contains an error message that you can
c**  display to the user.
c                   else
c                   callp     cmd('DSPF ''/tmp/geocode.csv''': 200)
c                   endif

c                   eval      *inlr = *on