RE: Version control file

> Are you thinking about writing a tool to automatically update them?

Yep. At least to check them and let me know that there is a new version
available. Do you know if anyone in the community has been working on a
version update system?

An XML file on your web server would work very well. It would be nice if the
"same" "xml file" was available on the iSeries as well.

Thinking out loud (hope I don't disturb anyone)...To keep it simple, for
things like LIBHTTP, which are nicely contained within one library, it would
probably work best if the iSeries version number was a "standard" source
file (Version) with a "standard" member (Version)?

With XML, any number of descriptors and additional information could be
included, but what do you think "must" be included? I thought something like
this might work.

Product name (character)
Version (number only, but short form accepted?) (true format would be
99999.99999 For example 1.1 is really 00001.00001 so 1.2 is less than 1.10)
Home site of product (url to look to for "new" xml file)

Mike