RE: IP address question

Scott Klement wrote:

>Ahhh, that makes more sense.  They're probably using the IP address to
>lock down who can and can't connect to them because of the sensitive
>nature of the data that's transmitted.

Exactly.

>Are you using NAT?  (Most companies do!)  If so, they'll see a
different
>IP address than the one reported by iNav.  Talk to your network
people...

>Also, make sure you don't have a firewall that will block connections
>from going out from your AS/400.  (I mentioned this in a previous
>e-mail, just re-iterating...)

>So that's two things to talk to your network people about :)

Scott, you hit the nail on the head. We ARE using NAT, and while I was
assured by our network people that my request was going out with IP
123.456.789.11 (for example), a conference call this morning with the
MIB security people who were kind enough to put a trace on all requests,
revealed that I was coming in with IP 123.456.789.22. So now I'm going
to have a little talk with the network people...again.

As for the firewall blocking outgoing connections, they assure me this
isn't the case. I am, however, skeptical.

Now that MIB is looking for IP 123.456.789.22, I'm getting a certificate
error in the debug file - SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit)
Certificate does not have a valid format. Since I don't have the
authority to work with or view DCM, I'll have to get with our security
officer. This is our first experience with such things...does it show?
;)

Thanks SO much for all your help, Scott. You rock!!

Kim Gibson, FLMI
Web Designer & Programmer/Analyst
United Heritage Life Insurance Company
208.475.0942 or 800.657.6351, ext. 2242