Re: IP address question

Kim Gibson wrote:
> Here's the deal. I'm trying to send an xml file to the Medical
> Information Bureau (MIB) via a POST with SSL. MIB has requested that we
> send them the IP that we are going to make the request with.

Ahhh, that makes more sense.  They're probably using the IP address to
lock down who can and can't connect to them because of the sensitive
nature of the data that's transmitted.

> However, I see via Navigator that the IP that the request is going out
> on is correct. Yet we're still timing out.

Are you using NAT?  (Most companies do!)  If so, they'll see a different
IP address than the one reported by iNav.  Talk to your network people...

Also, make sure you don't have a firewall that will block connections
from going out from your AS/400.  (I mentioned this in a previous
e-mail, just re-iterating...)

So that's two things to talk to your network people about :)