Re: Problems with HTTPS using HTTP API

Hi Nick,

Looking over the code, I see that if you specify an SSL connection, and
you use a proxy, it'll connect TO THE PROXY using SSL.  Is that correct
behavior?  I have no idea, I know very little about proxies!   Since we
don't actually connect to the destination host (because of the proxy) I
can't see how we could talk SSL to the host...   Hmmm...

Does anyone on the list know how SSL and proxies are supposed to interact?

I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but GSKit error 401 (which is
what your log shows) is message id CPDBC8B on i5/OS.  You can use
DSPMSGD CPDBC8B to get a little more detail:

  Message . . . . :   Peer not recognized or badly formatted message
received.
  Cause . . . . . :   A Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) record was received
from a
    peer which was not recognized, not valid, not expected, or has a
format
    which is not supported. Also, the peer system might not have
recognized the
    certificate authority which signed the local peer system
certificate.
  Recovery  . . . :   Ensure the client and server are using compatible
protocol
    versions of SSL. If the protocol versions are compatible, this may
be a
    problem with the remote end points SSL implementation. Also, check
to ensure
    that the peer system recognizes the certificate authority which