Problems with HTTPS using HTTP API

   Hi,

   I am trying to consume a web service published by an external supplier
   using HTTP API (version 1.19).  I have no problem with a test version
   of the service that does not use HTTPS, but when I try to consume the
   production version of the service which is secure I am getting an
   error 401 (GSK_ERROR_BAD_MESSAGE) from gsk_secure_soc_init() when I
   call http_url_post_raw().   The calls to HTTP API functions in my code
   are as follows:

   http_debug( *ON : '/home/town1/HttpApiDebugLog.txt' );

   rc = https_init( 'WEB_SERVICE_CLIENT' );

   rc = http_setproxy( 'eisproxy.endsleigh.co.uk' : 8080 );

   waURL = 'https://www.automotivemxin.com/uat/default.aspx';

   rc = http_url_post_raw( waURL :

                           %ADDR( waRequest ) + 2 :

                           %LEN( waRequest ) :

                           1 :

                           %PADDR( ReceiveData ) :

                           HTTP_TIMEOUT :

                           HTTP_USERAGENT :

                           'text/xml; charset=utf-8' );

   rc = https_cleanup();

   I have tried specifying a different client certificate on https_init()
   and with no certificate at all, but I still get the same error.  I
   have attached the debug output generated from my program.

   I know that this is very probably not a problem with the HTTP API code
   itself but looking through the mailing list archives I have found at
   least one other posting where a similar problem was reported, although
   there doesn't seem to be any information about if or how it was
   resolved.  If anyone could give me any pointers as to where to go next
   with this problem it would be much appreciated.

   Thanks,

   Nick

   Nick Townsend

   Technical Leader

   Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited

   Telephone: 01242 866866 ext. 6426
HTTPAPI Ver 1.19 released 2007-05-08

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
https_init(): entered
Dump of local-side certificate information: