RE: Server authentication

I am not sure that the following info is the cause of your problem, but
it is worth stating for the group.

We use HTTPAPI to connect to a server that uses intermediate CA
certificates as well as the root CA cert. i.e. there are three certs in
the chain.
Example cert path: GTE Cyber Trust Gobal Root (top), Cybertrust
Sureserver CA (intermediate), the client certificate.

Up to and including OS400 Release 5.2, the DCM was happy to connect to
this server if the intermediate CA cert was not in the DCM certificate
store.
At 5.3 (& 5.4) something changed in the DCM and we got the 'Cert not
signed etc.' error message as below, which was resolved when we added
the intermediate CA to the store.

Also worth noting if you have to use intermediate certificates is that
the certificates must be entered in the correct sequence, the top
certificate must be added to the DCM before the intermediate
certificate.

Regards

Ian Patterson