Re: CEE4RAGE cannot be called in the default activation group.

Hi Michelle,

> Now I get the error message:  "CEE4RAGE cannot be called in the default
> activation group".

As a few other people have already said, this is a result of trying to
running HTTPAPI from the default activation group.  (Presumably by
creating the calling program with ACTGRP(*CALLER), then calling it from
an OPM program or directly from the command line.)

The default activation group is really not designed for ILE programs,
and HTTPAPI uses ILE concepts extensively.  For example, if you run an
ILE service program in the default activation group (which is exactly
what you're trying to do) strange things can happen if you run RCLRSC.

The error has absolutely nothing to do with the way you have
certificates configured.  The only reason it happens in SSL (and not
without SSL) is because I'm using an ILE API called CEE4RAGE to clean up
some SSL objects when the activation group is ended.  Since the default
activation group isn't an ILE activation group (it's for OPM programs)
the API is failing.

If you like, I can make HTTPAPI work with the default activation group.
It's an easy thing for me to change in the source code.  The SSL stuff
won't get cleaned up til you sign off or explcitly call https_cleanup(),
but I doubt that matters much to someone who uses the default activation
group, anyway :)

Please let me know your thoughts.