Re: Sockets question

   Scott,
   If I follow the article correctly it looks like your nbrecv() function
   does a recv() first and then uses select() to wait for more info and
   the possible time out.
   The problem I have is that the recv() never ends.
   I can reproduce it quite easily by disconnecting the comm cable at the
   "right" time.
   Here's an outline of the flow on the server:
           ... stuff ...
           wrline() is called to send a message to the client
           rdline() is called to receive a response
   on the client:
           ... stuff...
           client receives message sent by wrline()
           client waits for user input
           client sends response to waiting server
   If I disconnect the cable while the client is waiting for user input
   this will cause the server job to hang and never end.
   sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   >Timeouts with Sockets:
   >http://www.systeminetwork.com/article.cfm?id=53809
   >Brian@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   >> I'd like to find a way for the server job to time out on the call
   >> the RECV() api in RDLINE().  I've looked at some of the api
   >> documentation, but I am confused by it.
   Brian J. Garland
   Vermont Information Processing, Inc.
   brian@xxxxxxxxxx