From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Gard
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:16 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FTP_PUT

I am having troubles getting ftp_put to work for an ascii stream file on
a network server.  I am able to successfully send a member from
qrpglesrc so I know it is working to some degree.

I keep getting message 57 - 'Invalid object type.  (Make a savefile )'.

Some code:

 /FREE
     xfold=('/qntc/chnt400/data/seamlessweb/data/JNBVAL.TXT');
 /END-FREE
c                   if        ftp_put(fd: 'JNBVAL.TXT': %TRIM(xfold))<
c*                  if        ftp_put(fd: 'testput.rpg4':
c*                             '/qsys.lib/libftp.lib/qrpglesrc.file/' +
c*                             'testput.mbr') < 0
c                   callp     ftp_errorMsg(fd: ErrNum)

Ive tried this with binary ftp_binaryMode(fd: *on and *OFF) and with
ftp_NamFmt(FD:0 and 1).

I believe I need binary off probably dont even need to include it.

I believe namfmt should be 0 as I am using an ifs/network file, not a
system file.

wrklnk /qntc/chnt400/DATA/seamlessweb/data does show the file.

Thanks for any ideas.

Ive been using ftpapi to retrieve files for a while now but need to put
a file.

Thanks for the help.  Ive read through previous emails and have not
found anything that has helped me.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schollenberger;Scott
FN:Scott Schollenberger
ORG:Harris Computer Systems;Schools - Research & Development
TITLE:Director of Research & Development
TEL;WORK;VOICE:610-239-9988 x305
ADR;WORK:;King of Prussia;100-2011 Renaissance Blvd.;King of Prussia;PA;19406;United States
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:King of Prussia=0D=0A100-2011 Renaissance Blvd.=0D=0AKing of Prussia, PA 194=
06=0D=0AUnited States
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:sschollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20070123T222258Z
END:VCARD