FTP_PUT

I am having troubles getting ftp_put to work for an ascii stream file
on a network server.  I am able to successfully send a member from
qrpglesrc so I know it is working to some degree.

I keep getting message 57 - 'Invalid object type.  (Make a savefile )'.

Some code:

 /FREE
     xfold=('/qntc/chnt400/data/seamlessweb/data/JNBVAL.TXT');
 /END-FREE
c                   if        ftp_put(fd: 'JNBVAL.TXT': %TRIM(xfold))<
c*                  if        ftp_put(fd: 'testput.rpg4':
c*                             '/qsys.lib/libftp.lib/qrpglesrc.file/' +
c*                             'testput.mbr') < 0
c                   callp     ftp_errorMsg(fd: ErrNum)

Ive tried this with binary ftp_binaryMode(fd: *on and *OFF) and with
ftp_NamFmt(FD:0 and 1).

I believe I need binary off probably dont even need to include it.

I believe namfmt should be 0 as I am using an ifs/network file, not a
system file.

wrklnk /qntc/chnt400/DATA/seamlessweb/data does show the file.

Thanks for any ideas.

Ive been using ftpapi to retrieve files for a while now but need to put a file.

Thanks for the help.  Ive read through previous emails and have not
found anything that has helped me.