Re: utf-8 and length

HTTPAPI does not currently support double-byte EBCDIC characters.  It
assumes that every EBCDIC character is exactly one byte long.

I've never worked in an environment where double-byte characters are used.
I've never been trained in how to use them.  I don't have access to a
double-byte character system to test the code, even if I had a clue how to
write it. :)

This leaves you with two choices:

a) You can call HTTP_url_post_raw2(), which does absolutely no
translation, and do all of the translation and XML parsing yourself.

b) You can change CCSIDR4 to support double-byte EBCDIC, and change
everything that calls it, test it, and contribute it back to the project.

--
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com