utf-8 and length

Hi all,

I am using HTTPAPI to call webservices from RPG , it works very well and fast with several services.
recently Encountered an issue with UT8 and non english characters as followes:

say my ebcdic string is abb*** (where * = character that is double byte in utf-8) this is 6 bytes

my utf-8 string will become 9 bytes (the * will become 2 character for each *)

however post_xml will calculate string as 6 bytes and not 9 bytes thus truncating my message and creating invalid xml document.

I think we need to update the code and let it calculate actual length after conversion, but not sure.

Can someone smarter then myself take alook at it ?