Re: No value in variable

It looks okay to me, though I'd use %trim() to get the extra spaces off of
the ItemId field.  What sort of problems are you having?

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Rizwan Khan wrote:

> Hi,
Can anybody help me in it, I am not able to pass the value in the variable ItemID to webservice that I defined in D spec in RPG IV. The variable is passing as empty to the webservice.

D ItemId     S   20A  INZ('1234567890.0001')

/free
  SOAP =
   '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>'
+'<soap:Envelope'
+'     xmlns:V1="http://ndc-ah.com:10653";'
+'    xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
+'    xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>'
+'<soap:Body>'
+'  <V1:CustomerValidation_RequestInfo>               '
+'  <ItemId>' + ItemID + '</ItemId>'

Am I taking the variable correctly in xml string?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Riz