No value in variable

   Hi,
   Can anybody help me in it, I am not able to pass the value in the
   variable ItemID to webservice that I defined in D spec in RPG IV. The
   variable is passing as empty to the webservice.
   D ItemId    S  20A  INZ('1234567890.0001')
   /free
   SOAP =
     '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>'
   +'<soap:Envelope'
   +'    xmlns:V1="http://ndc-ah.com:10653";'
   +'    xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
   +'    xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>'
   +'<soap:Body>'
   +'  <V1:CustomerValidation_RequestInfo>              '
   +'  <ItemId>' + ItemID + '</ItemId>'
   Am I taking the variable correctly in xml string?
   Any help would be appreciated.
   Thanks,
   Riz
   [1][1963059423@Middle5?OAS_query=null&PARTNER=3]