Re: FTPAPI question

Sender: Christian <chrisv5@xxxxxx>

Hm. I have no experiences using ILE RPG in a multi-threaded environment. I wished I had the time to test it. We could get rid of the global variables by allocating memory and passing a pointer around but that would break backward compatibility. Or we could put only that pointer into the MODS.

For the time being I just want to make it thread-safe. You got it almost right, Thomas, putting all the variables into dynamic memory. But who needs a MODS if an array of pointers does the trick? ;-)

Actually, I have something more sophisticated in mind which I use elsewhere successfully. Dynamic arrays... This way, everyone can have as many sessions as wanted, without unnecessary overhead. That's also why I am vouching for an index type of session ID instead of the socket descriptor. Anyway, if I meet too many objections, then I'll drop that idea (well, still can be done with the socket descriptor, just not as efficiently).

Christian