RE: Question about error msg "No such path or directory"

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Try this instead:

D DirFile s 40A

     C                   eval      DirFile = '/QSYS.LIB/BEASOND.LIB'
     C                                     + '/PRGMCSV.FILE'

     C                   if        ftp_put(sess: 'prgcsv.csv': DirFile)<0
     c                   eval      msg = ftp_errorMsg(sess)
     c                   dsply                   msg
     c                   endif

Please read my previous message to you in order to understand why. If you want to test your pathnames, try doing this:

WRKLNK OBJ('/BEASOND/PRGMCSV')

Note that this command, which is an IBM-supplied command, will also say "object not found". However, if you typed this instead:

WRKLNK OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/BEASOND.LIB/PRGMCSV.FILE')

You'd get something. You can use the WRKLNK command to explore your system and see what the correct paths to the objects are prior to inputting them into FTPAPI. I think you'll find that to be a simple way of understanding how the IFS-style path names work.

C eval DirFile = '/BEASTOND/PRGMCSV'

if        ftp_put(sess: 'prgcsv.csv': DirFile)<0
eval      Msg = ftp_errorMsg(sess)
dsply                   Msg
endif

RESULT IS No Such Path or directory