Re: LIBFTP: passive mode off by default?

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So my question (or observation) is that Passive Mode is Off by default in the FTP APIs?

Correct, passive mode is turned off by default. FTPAPI was originally written on a V3R2 machine, and at that time, IBM's FTP command also defaulted to passive being off. In later releases, they changed the default to be passive, but I didn't dare change FTPAPI for fear that it would break existing software.

So, I was trying to adhere to a POLA, and IBM tricked me!

(POLA = Policy of Least Astonishment)