LIBFTP: passive mode off by default?

Hi:

Have the opportunity to use LIBFTP to retrieve a directory of files (MGET).

When I connected to the remote FTP server (Microsoft FTP Service Version 5.0) manually via the i5 FTP client, the FTP session hung up when I issued the ls command - saw the message that it entered Passive Mode (eventually got message 425 Can't open data connection). Fine, I can manually issue a SENDPASV 0 command to get around that.

So while going thru the sample pgm TESTMGET, making my own version, I forgot to use the ftp_passive procedure but the program retrieved the list of files and performed the GET for each one, perfectly.

So my question (or observation) is that Passive Mode is Off by default in the FTP APIs?

Scott, thanks once again for a great job.

Russ Khoury
AS/400 Consultant
Paul Russell Associates, Inc.
rkhoury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx