RE: HTTPAPI - character set utf-8

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I just thought that the web server is expecting the POST data to be in
UTF-8 due to the message in the httpapi_debug.txt that said: Request
format is invalid: text/xml; charset=utf-8.

Actually, that error message seems to imply that you CAN'T send it as text/xml with charset=utf-8.

I can get the data by doing an HTTP post with a string and a
content-type of application/x-www-form-urlencoded along with
http_url_post. This writes to the IFS just fine. I just wanted to try
and call the same web service with http_url_post_XML to see how this
works and being able to parse the received document immediately after
that post_xml.

I'm not following you. If the web service is expecting URL encoded data, how can you send XML to it?