Re: Posting Change Problem

Sender: daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You do agree that I am getting past the inital connection so it wouldn't be
an issue with digital certificates, passwords, etc., correct?

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      Scott Klement
                      <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:       ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Posting Change Problem
                      owner-ftpapi@xxxx
                      e.ods.net

                      02/10/2006 12:49
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ftpapi

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The "Internal Server Error" message usually means that the program that
runs on the Bank's Web Server ended abnormally.  (i.e. it crashed, or
dumped or whatever you want to call it.)

Unfortunately, that's all we really know at this point.

This COULD be a problem with the data you're sending.  It could be that
the program on the server crashes when the data isn't the way it expected
it to be. This is the most common thing because the people who wrote the
program probably tested and made sure it worked when the data WAS valid.

On the other hand, there could be an undiscovered bug in their code.

It's really hard to say, since all we know for sure is that something
failed.  We don't know what failed or why.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We've been using HTTPAPI for almost two years to transmit our
> direct-deposit payroll file to the bank.  The bank is now switching to a
> new web site and they want us to send them a test file but it's not
> working.  The new site looks pretty much the same as the old site but has
> few cosmetic differences.  Comparing the HTML source between the old and
> new sites it looks like they've added some JavaScript to the new site (I
> don't know JavaScript).  We have been using a digital certificate to log
in
> to the old site and it's been working great.  Initially, I thought there
> might have been an issue that they didn't have our current certificate
set
> up on their new system but now I don't think so.
>
> After the doing the http_url_get we receive:
> Virtual user nkausrf1 logged in.
>
> This looks like it's connecting OK.  After doing the http_url_post_stmf
we
> get:

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <TITLE>500 Internal Server Error</TITLE>
> </HEAD><BODY>
> <H1>Internal Server Error</H1>
> The server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was unable to complete
> your request.<P>
> Please contact the server administrator,
> [no address given] </BODY></HTML>
>

> This looks to me like their server can't handle what I'm sending.  The
only
> change that I've made to my original program was just changing the URL.
Do