Re: proxy server

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, charles.parker@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I need to get past a proxy server. In .net I use a WebProxy object set to the proxy IP address and port.

I then set the credentials of the proxy object to a user, password, and
domain.
How do I get past the proxy server using ftpapi?

FTPAPI doesn't directly have support for proxy servers.

Some FTP proxies will work with any FTP client (whether they support proxies or not) for those, you should be able to connect through the proxy simply by connecting to it and telling it where you want to go.

Other proxies don't work that way, and do require special code in the client. Which FTPAPI doesn't support.

Please help out by adding proxy support and contributing it back to the project. That's what open source is all about, people helping people.