RE: compiling httpapi 1.12 errors

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think I did run the correct Install procedure, but I then re-compiled the
httpapir4 program on its own, using the crtsrvpgm command you show in the
comment lines at the beginning of the source - hence the errors. Back at
1.10 I was able to recompile with the CRTSRVPGM commands.

You're right, those comments are out of date, I'll change them.

I think maybe you were running version 1.9 when you were still able to use those comments (they would've failed in the full release of 1.10, though they may have worked in an old prerelease of 1.10, I don't remember.)

At any rate, HTTPAPIR4 was broken into modules in the 1.10 release because it was getting very unwieldy. The HTTPAPIR4 source member was already over 6000 lines of code, and I was adding a lot of extra code -- so I broke it up. The good news is, since you can now compile individual pieces instead of the whole thing, it's much quicker to recompile stuff during development and testing.

At any rate, the answer to your question is:

a) To compile HTTPAPIR4 the first time, or any time that you want to rebuild the whole thing, use the INSTALL program.

b) To update just the HTTPAPIR4 module, without recompiling the whole project, use:

     CRTRPGMOD HTTPAPIR4 SRCFILE(libhttp/QRPGLESRC) DBGVIEW(*LIST)
     UPDSRVPGM SRVPGM(HTTPAPIR4) MODULE(HTTPAPIR4)

If need be, you can do the same thing for the other modules (HTTPUTILR4, ENCODERR4, CCSIDR4, COMMTCPR4, COMMSSLR4, etc, etc.)

I want to re-compile httpapir4 on its own because I am trying to resolve a
situation where garbage is being returned by the remote server under certain
circumstances. Interestingly its always the same garbage (for all users):
<snip from debug>

SetError() #13: HccWaqKq@xxx@C# $ / with lots of non displayable chars.

I <think> it may be something to do with 100-continue, so I thought I would
remove the 'expect 100 continue' line from the POST's to see if there is a
difference. Hence the need to compile the api on its own.

Have you tried playing with the 100 continue timeout? You can change it by calling http_set_100_timeout() prior to calling http_url_post (or post_raw or whatever you're using)